For at least half a century, BMW has pursued driving excellence in order to manufacture cars that are bound for market in the U.S. Crossovers are now in large demand in the country nowadays so it’s way much better if the U.S. customers have a rather large choice of cars from different categories. As a matter of fact, it is expected that the crossover sales will become higher this year compared to compact and mid-sized sedan sales combined. And their answer to that ever-increasing need is the 2016 BMW X1 xDrive 28i.
Under the Hood
Featuring a Turbocharged and intercooled four-cylinder, the X1 xDrive 28i runs at 228 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque, has a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 6.4 seconds and has a top speed of 129 mph. It is designed for having that agility in back roads, which experts find it rare when it comes to crossovers. Due to the fact that the company had already mastered their four-cylinder engines a few years ago, the customers are ensured that only the best four-cylinder is installed in this one. All in all, this one has more efficient shipping containment capability compared to the outgoing X1.
- Category : Small Luxury Crossover/SUV
- Engine : 2-liter Turbocharged and Intercooled DOHC 16-valve Inline-4
- Transmission : 8-speed automatic with manual shifting
- Drivetrain : 4WD
- Power : 228 hp @ 5000 rpm
- Torque : 258 lb-ft @ 1250 rpm
- 0-60 mph : 6.4 seconds
- Top Speed : 129 mph (governor limited)
- Mileage : (City/Highway) 22/32 mpg; (C/D observed) 25 mpg
- Price : Starting at $35,795 to $45,920 (as tested)