During the 2015 New York Auto Show, the 2016 Cadillac CT6 didn’t gather much attention due to experts pointing out that the car’s design is somewhat bland. However, the auto shows are just like that, meaning that they are often amazed by how the car looks like, not the way it works. That’s what the 2016 Cadillac CT6 had taught us. Aside from that, this car isn’t the company’s flagship car yet, though some claims that it could be the flag-bearer or the prototype design of the upcoming flagship.
Under the Hood
Being boasted as the quietest Cadillac in history, this car could either come in one of these three available engines: the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine which runs at 265-hp and 295 lb-ft torque; the 3.6-liter V-6 which runs at 335-hp and 285 lb-ft torque; and the Miller-capable 3.0-liter V-6, which runs at 404-hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. The three engines come with an 8-speed automatic transmission with manual shifting gear and could either come with rear-wheel or four-wheel drivetrains. In addition to those three, a 4.2-liter turbocharged V-8 and a plug-in hybrid powertrain will certainly become available in order to widen the options, therefore broadening the car’s appeal as a whole.
It is very noticeable that compared to other luxury Cadillacs, this one offers more luxury. From the gently-curved, horizontal-oriented dashboards up to its Infotainment features are very impressive. The Cadillac User Experience system now uses a 10.2-inch touchscreen as well as a console-mounted touchpad.
- Category : Full-size Luxury Car
- Engine : turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve 2.0-liter inline-4; DOHC 24-valve
3.6-liter V-6; twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve Miller-capable
- Transmission : 8-speed Automatic with manual shifting mode
- Drivetrain : RWD or 4WD
- Power : 265-hp; 335-hp; 404-hp
- Torque : 295 lb-ft; 285 lb-ft; 400 lb-ft
- 0-60 mph : 5.1 – 6.3 seconds
- Top Speed : 130 – 155 mph
- Mileage : (City) 18-22 mpg; (Highway) 26-31 mpg
- Price : Starting at $54,490 – $88,460 (as tested)