We all know that General Motors only employs the 8-speed automatic as an option in some of their Sierras a few years ago, though the V-8 almost seems a mainstay. However, they have made sudden changes and that’s the reason why the GMC Sierra 1500 lineup uses this one.
Under the Hood
Featuring a 6.2-liter V-8, the 2016 Sierra Denali runs at 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. The engine is originally derived from Corvette V-8, though it is further improved in order to produce torque in a lower rev range. This ensures that the pickup truck will have a much better hauling and towing performance compared than before. It is also worth noting that driving was significantly smoother because of the 8-speed automatic integration aside from being more economic when it comes to fuel consumption.
Exterior and Interior
As experts have observed, major design changes have been made in this pickup truck’s headlight and grille styling, aside from adding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to its already-available infotainment systems.
- Category : Full-size Pickup Truck
- Engine : 6.2-liter Pushrod 16-valve V-8
- Transmission : 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Drivetrain : 4WD
- Power : 420 hp @ 5600 rpm
- Torque : 460 lb-ft @ 4100 rpm
- 0-60 mph : 5.6 seconds
- Top Speed : (Governor Limited) 99 mph
- Mileage : (City/Highway) 15/21 mpg; (C/D Observed) 15 mpg
- Price : Starting at $57,930 – $61,140 (as tested)