When we think of tractor what comes in our mind is a big heavy vehicle which is usually used in farms. There are various use of tractors apart from using it in the farms, for personal use, making outdoor tasks more easier and efficient. Tractors come with different kind of horsepower engines. One can use it to remove snow, move wood, stone or mulch, lift large logs, small dead tree or any other heavy object. It’s a versatile and essential rural tool. There are few steps that one should keep in mind when driving a tractor. They are as follow:
- Checking the tractor: Look for tractor safety issues. Do a good inspection of your tractor before climbing on. Loose wheel lugs, nuts, and bolt may need periodic tightening.
- Check the tire pressure: It is important to check the tire pressure the way you check in your car and bike. If you are not driving the tractor every day ensure that you give the tyres a quick once-over so that you know that they are in good shape.
- Inspect the stabilizer chains to ensure they are properly secured: Do this when the attachments are behind the tractor.
- Open the hood of your tractor: This is to check the cooling system, radiator and battery levels. Make sure that you have enough oil and fuel to complete your task.
- Driving the tractor: familiarize yourself with controls and find the clutch. Set the seat so that you can reach the steering wheel. Always strap the seat belt it is important to be safe in accidents. Press the clutch pedal with left foot and engage the break with right foot. To drive release the tractors parking break. Just as the vehicle starts moving slowly remove the foot from the clutch and maintain a slow steady pace. To stop the tractor press the clutch to the floor completely.
Follow basic check up. Use a trained personnel to operate the tractor so that there are no accidents and the vehicle also give long service. Follow these rules and enjoy your tractor service.