We all know that there are many factors to consider when it comes to cars. Aside from the engine and overall design, having a lighter weight is also a must for cars. We also know that compact crossovers are now becoming a trend these days due to the fact that they offer more room for passengers. The only downside, however is that the passenger’s convenience during the ride is usually being compromised by the limited space offered by most compact SUVs. That’s what the makers behind the 2017 Kia Sportage has in their minds.
Exterior and Interior
Unlike the previous ones, the 2017 Sportage has a somewhat different design, along with larger dimensions. Needless to say, this gives the crossover additional weight and room for passengers. Don’t count the middle seat, though. We all know that compared to other seats, that one’s an extra.
As a whole, the interior is somewhat more convenient compared than before. Others who had tested the car also pointed out that compared to its predecessor, the 2017 Sportage is somewhat slower but the driving experience is much more comfortable. Along with seats and the SUV’s heating and cooling systems, passengers are rest assured that the ride will be more pleasant and enjoyable.
- Category : Compact Crossover or SUV
- Engine : 2.4-liter inline-4; Turbocharged and Intercooled 2.0-liter inline-4
- Transmission : 6-speed automatic with manual shifting
- Drivetrain : FWD or 4WD
- Power : 181 hp for 2.4-liter; 237-240 hp for 2.0-liter
- Torque : 175 lb-ft for 2.4-liter; 260 lb-ft for 2.0-liter
- 0-60 mph : 7.9 – 8.8 seconds
- Top Speed : 130 mph
- Mileage : (City) 20 – 23 mpg; (Highway) 23 – 30 mpg
- Price : Starts at $23,045 – $32,385 (as tested)