Experts know that when it comes to crossover category, Lexus is definitely the first. However, it is also noticeable that the company’s cars under this category aren’t that engaging due to the fact that it doesn’t look masculine enough to shoulder the work. This reason actually became the company’s goals in making their future crossovers. And that’s how their latest model, the 2016 Lexus RX350 AWD enters the scene.
Compared than the last year’s model, the 2016 RX350 AWD is longer by 4.7 inches and has a longer wheelbase along with lower rear floor. This gives the driver a bigger legroom to get relaxed while driving. And just like the previous RX models, this model remains an exclusive two-row SUV.
Under the Hood
Experts have proven that the 3.5-liter V-6 installed in this one is quicker than the previous one, aside from having newly-designed cylinder heads. This one is also paired along with an 8-speed automatic transmission, therefore improving the engine’s overall fuel economy by 2 mpg.
- Category : Compact Luxury Crossover and SUV
- Engine : 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V-6
- Transmission : 8-speed automatic with manual shifting
- Drivetrain : 4WD
- Power : 295 hp @ 6300 rpm
- Torque : 267 lb-ft @ 4700 rpm
- 0-60 mph : 6.9 seconds
- Top Speed : (Governor limited) 129 mph
- Mileage : (City/Highway) 19/26 mpg; (C/D Observed) 19 mpg
- Price : Starting at $44,240 – $53,335 (as tested)