To those who didn’t know, rogue literally means a rascal or scoundrel. On the other hand, the word could also mean aberrant or independent, especially if you take the rogue elephant as an example. To be more specific, that’s how 2016 Nissan Rogue possibly got its name from since, this one is aberrant in its own right.
Under the Hood
Featuring a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, this car runs at 170-hp and 175 lb-ft torque. The engine is paired with XTronic Continuously Variable Automatic, along with lots of safety array features. The engine’s top speed reaches up to 119 mph and has a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 8.9 seconds. It sure sounds at least 2 seconds slower compared to other SUVs. However, it is noticeable that this one is almost totally void of driver gratification, one of the reasons why it is called Rogue.
Experts are quick to point out that, compared to its predecessor, the interior remains unchanged. However, lots of infotainment features are added in order to make traveling easier. The NissanConnect Telematics System was expanded and Siri Eyes Free was added to the top level. Additional features include forward emergency braking, side-mirror turn-signal repeaters and chrome door-handle trim.
- Category : Compact Crossover and SUV
- Engine : DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection
- Transmission : FWD or 4WD
- Drivetrain : Continuously Variable Automatic
- Power : 170-hp @ 6000 rpm
- Torque : 175 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
- 0-60 mph : 8.9 seconds
- Top Speed : 119 mph (drag limited)
- Mileage : (city) 25-26 mpg; (highway) 32-33 mpg
- Price : Starting at $24,190 – $34,300 (as tested)