The 2015 Tesla Model S P85D sets yet another meaning in the love mantra, “Two is better than one.” And who wouldn’t love the 686 horsepower that the front and rear duo engine can accomplish? Tesla officially calls it Insane acceleration mode.
Exterior and Interior
Tesla S P85D looks genuinely minimalist, the decent rounds and creases speak of elegant class. The 21-inch wheels and red paint looks hot, though. Once inside, you can see that the company only chose premium materials such as the leather dashboard, microsuede headliner and carbon-fiber trim.
It is also equipped with 12-speaker stereo, a panoramic glass roof, air suspension, heated steering wheel, heated second-row seats and rear-facing third row seats. Customers are given the option for Autopilot package ($4250) that includes lane-keeping assist, automatic high beams, cruise control and self-parking features.
Model S Pecularities
Instead of physical buttons and knobs, S P85D condensed these functionalities into its 17-inch touch screen. You can lock doors, warm the heated seats and slide the sunroof all with the use of the tip of your fingers. Relatively, there’s no driver involvement in powering the car save for inserting the key, pressing the brake pedal, shifting and driving away into your desired destination. If you’re feeling adventurous, then just quickly use the Insane acceleration mode.
- Category : Luxury Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Engine : AC induction with 85kWh lithium-ion battery pack, front and rear placement
- Transmission : 1-speed direct drive
- Drivetrain : 4WD/ AWD
- Power : (front) 221 hp; (rear) 470hp; (combined) 691hp
- Torque : (front) 243 lb.-ft.; (rear) 443 lb.-ft.; (combined) 686 lb.-ft.
- 0-60 mph : 3.3 seconds
- Top Speed : 160 mph (governor limited)
- Mileage : (city) 89 MPGe; (highway) 98 MPGe
- Price : starting at $105,670 to $136,720 (as tested)