The modern version of the beast of burden comes rolling in different forms of pick-up truck. Many variations and design propagate the market, but of course only few topped the ranks of the American competition. Let us introduce one of the compact truckof the Japanese Toyota: the 2016 refreshed model of Tacoma.
Design and Variation
Toyota readied 29 variations of Tacoma for 2016 having the average price of $31,768. The closest quote we can have on that is the $31,665 TRD Sport Double Cab 4×2 with V-6 engine and 6-speed auto gearbox. All models have been gifted with the new feature called GoPro camera windshield mount.
In this current styling of Tacoma, the shoulders of the front fenders enlarged to reach indoors with the side windows shortened. There’s also the newly installed roof panel that features a sunroof in the case of the Double Cab. On the front fascia the reshaped nose was designed to highlight a trapezoid-shaped grille.
Core of the Beast
You can select from the 159hp 2.7-liter V8 and the 279hp 3.5-liter V6 to beat inside your Tacoma. Respectively they can also summon 180 lb.-ft. and 265 lb.-ft. of torque. As far as fuel economy is concerned, Tacoma eats a decent amount of fuel, most especially the variant with 5 or 6-speed manual transmission.
- Engine : (1) 2.7L 4 cylinder V8, (2) 3.5L V6
- Transmission : (1) 5 or 6-speed manual; (2) 6-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Drivetrain : (1) RWD; (2) RWD or AWD
- Power : (1) 159hp; (2)278hp
- Torque : (1) 180 lb.-ftl; (2)265 lb.-ft.
- Mileage : (city) 17-19 MPG; (highway) 21-24 MPG
- Base Price : starting at$24,200 – $38,720