The German Volkswagen re-fashioned their Touareg for this year. It features luxury but not too sinful a kind for the middle class not to afford it. It makes quite a good investment more for the ego than for practical reasons.
Against its competitors, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Murano and Kia Sorento, VW’s Touareg comes second. It is not the best-selling one, yes, but that’s mere because of the price and not of the performance.
Exterior and Interior
For 2015 Volkswagen Touaregembellished a distinction against its predecessor. The makeover fitted for this year comprises the 4-bar grille, brighter trimmings, LED tail lights and revamped rear portion complete with triangular exhaust tips. Further, Touareg also has new set of wheel designs comprising of three various sizes: 18, 19 and 20 inches. Also, the German brand added more available hues for this SUV.
The cabin was endowed with classy wood trim and other material upgrades. VW did not fail to put several features that could undoubtedly help drivers such as pre-collision automatic braking, lane departure warning, blind spot detection and adaptive cruise control.
Engine, Transmission and Price
We like the 8-speed auto gearbox that has been installed along the V6 engine for this SUV. It is smooth enough with the hydraulic power steering as agile and tactile as how it should be. Meanwhile, the V6 engine is offered in three variants as indicated below.
(1) 3.6L DOHC 24-valve V6, front placement
(2) 3.0L DOHC 24-valve V6 diesel, front placement
(3) 3.0L DOHC 24-valve V6 + 47-hp synchronous AC electric motor, front
- Transmission : 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode
- Drivetrain : AWD
- Power : (1) 280hp, (2) 240hp, (3) combined: 380hp
- Torque : (1) 266 lb-ft, (2) 406 lb-ft, (3) 428 lb-ft
- Mileage : (city) 17-20 MPG; (highway) 23-29 MPG
- Price : starting at $45,615 to $60,080