It is a good thing to see men lifting some weights in hopes for improving his overall health aside from having a very physique. However, it is definitely not true that weight lifting is just for men. To tell you the truth, even women needs a little weightlifting at a regular basis. And it is very good to know that nowadays, more and more women are now seen attending gym classes in order to have that much-needed exercise.
If you’re a woman and looking for reasons why you need to lift weights, listed below are some of the benefits that you will get from it:
- Weightlifting gives you additional strength. Lifting some weights add some strength into your muscles, therefore making it easier for you to haul up your willful kids aside from being able to lift more grocery items. And since routine exercises prevent physical injuries from happening more often, you will definitely do more things compared than before.
- Weightlifting helps you lose body fat. Actually one of the main reasons behind exercises, women who lift weights burn fats inside their bodies much faster. Doing this not only makes them slim; losing such fats will help them gain more self-confidence.
- Weightlifting helps decrease the risk of having osteoporosis. Lifting weights make you absorb more nutrients in order to build your muscles and bones. And since exercise makes it easy for bones to absorb calcium and Vitamin D, the bones’ overall density also increases.
- It improves your overall athletic performance. Weightlifting also helps in improving everyone’s endurance, whether you are a man or a woman. However, women usually benefit from these more than men since their developed muscles transport energy much faster.
- It improves women’s attitude as a whole. According to studies, since behavior is mostly hormone-related, weightlifting and other kinds of exercise also improves the hormone balance in women, thereby affecting their behavior and attitude.
- Even the old ones benefit from weightlifting. According to studies, even women ages 70 and up are also proven to benefit from exercise, especially weightlifting. Not only such exercises make them stronger; they also tend to look younger compared to those who don’t exercise.
- You’ll become stronger but without the bulky appearance. Since the hormones that affect muscle growth are lesser in women, there is no need for you to worry about having men’s bulky appearance even if you are working out in a regular basis.